Email our energy experts or call 541-685-7088 for more information.
Many EWEB customers want an alternative to commuting by car. Electric bicycles (e-bikes) are perfect for those who want to commute on a bicycle but want to travel faster or need the extra assistance.
An e-bike can help you save money on transportation and maintenance costs and:
- Reduce air pollution
- Improve your health and wellbeing
- Reduce traffic congestion
The goal of our $300 e-bike incentive is to increase access to more affordable, zero emission electric bikes and support our community’s commitment to transportation electrification and active transportation options.
Funding for this program is in part made possible by the Oregon Clean Fuels Program (CFP) administered by the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (ODEQ).
Applicant and rebate requirements:
- The applicant must be the purchaser of the bicycle and be an EWEB residential electric customer with an active account or an authorized individual under the account. The active account must be both a residential account and the primary residence of the applicant.
- Rebate is $300 and not to exceed the cost of e-bicycle.
- Only two rebates per EWEB residential electric account.
- Must be a new adaptive or class 1, 2, or 3 electric assisted bicycle or tricycle having fully operative pedals for human propulsion, and an electric motor.
- Professionally-installed conversions may qualify and must be done at one of these local bike shops (list provided by the City of Eugene). Do it yourself conversions are not eligible for rebates under this program.
- Used, resold, rebuilt (unless it is a professionally-installed conversion), received from warranty insurance claims, third party-owned, or won as a prize are not eligible for a rebate under this program.
- New electric bicycles must have been purchased on or after January 1, 2022.
- Professionally-installed conversions must have been purchased on or after October 1, 2022.
Applying for EWEB's e-bike rebate is simple:
- Review the eligibility requirements.
- Complete an application.
- Submit the application along with your paid invoice or bill of sale showing the bicycle brand and model, purchase price, date of purchase, vendor or shop name, and if available, the address matching the active EWEB residential electric account on the program application. If the electric bicycle is a professionally-installed conversion, the paid invoice or bill of sale should indicate that. For online purchases, submit application and supporting documentation after receiving delivery of the e-Bike.
Email the required documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
EWEB Customer Solutions
4200 Roosevelt Blvd
Eugene, OR 97402
Types of e-bikes
There are three classes of electric assisted bicycles.
|Features & Uses||Class 1||Class 2||Class 3*|
|Adds Power When Pedaling||✓||✓||✓|
|E-Assist Stops at 20mph||✓||✓||-|
|Can Use on Bike Paths in Parks||✓||✓||-|
|Can Use in Bike Lanes||✓||✓||-|
|Legally considered a:||bicylce||bicycle||motor vehicle|
City of Eugene and State of Oregon Regulations
*Riding Class 3 electric assisted bicycles on park bike paths or in bike lanes could result in a traffic ticket and fine. Please visit the City of Eugene guidelines for electric assisted bicycles webpage to learn more and ensure that you follow applicable class and speed guidelines when riding within city bicycle infrastructure.
You don't have to own a car to drive electric. Our partnership with Forth Mobility brings three electric car sharing stations to Eugene, including a dedicated station for residents of St. Vincent de Paul's Iris Place.
In addition to the cost savings you'll get from driving an EV, there are also tax and rebate incentives that could save you thousands of dollars on your purchase or lease.
Help reduce your utility bill and lower your carbon footprint by living green. We offer rebates and loans for your home or rental property that can help offset the upfront cost to upgrade heating, cooling, water heating, windows and insulation.
Lower your operating costs and reduce your business’s carbon footprint by working green. We offer a variety of incentives to help you make improvements to your facilities.