EWEB plans to upgrade all of our electric and water meters by the end of 2025, with the exception of our McKenzie River service area.
What you can expect
When upgrades are scheduled for your neighborhood:
- You will be notified by mail or email.
- A few days ahead of when we expect to be in your neighborhood, EWEB will call with a reminder.
- An EWEB or UPA representative with appropriate identification and wearing logo apparel will perform the upgrade at no cost to you.
- Please be sure there is nothing blocking access to the electric or water meter.
- Electric meter upgrades typically take about 10 minutes, while water meter upgrades may take a little longer. Expect a brief interruption in your electric or water service while each respective upgrade is performed.
- In the interest of keeping you and EWEB staff safe, please observe social distancing when our technicians are working to change out the meters.
Smart meter benefits
Smart meters are a common form of technology that transmit energy and water usage to the utility through a secure wireless network. They will help us provide better service and a future that puts more choice and control in your hands.