All lighting rebates require an application. Rebates over $2,500 must be pre-approved. For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 541-685-7088.
For all loan specific questions, call 541-685-7318 or email email@example.com.
Take advantage of our lighting rebate program to help you save energy while improving lighting quality, control, comfort and security. Examples of lighting retrofits include LED upgrades in offices, schools, parking lots, grocery stores and large industrial facilities.
When David Fendrich wanted to improve the look of his showroom at his furniture store, long-running classic Brenner's Furniture in downtown Eugene, he worked with his contractor to upgrade his old fluorescent tube lights to 4000k LED panels. Using EWEB's efficient lighting rebates, he was able to save over $1,000 on the upgrade.
"I was surprised at how affordable it was, and it's a night and day difference. I don't know why any retail store owner wouldn't do it. It makes your inventory look so much better, I considered it a no-brainer," said Fendrich, "I like them so much, I'm going to do the same upgrade in my warehouse."
While he wasn't able to directly tie an increase in sales, Fendrich said sales have been up significantly in the last year. His contractor helped him choose the right intensity for the height of his ceilings in each showroom to further optimize energy use, and he looks forward to long-lasting lights with the right color and brightness for his business.
For rebates over $2,500, a completed application with required documentation must be approved before equipment is purchased. Available rebates are based on energy savings calculated using EWEB's lighting calculator.
1. Contact a lighting contractor or electrician to determine energy-saving potential of a lighting upgrade.
2. Apply now. You can print a paper application here. For low-interest loans from EWEB, complete and submit a loan application. An EWEB project manager will be assigned to assist you with your project.
3. Submit a completed EWEB lighting calculator (Excel file) or proposal with the information listed below. Having difficulty? We can help!
4. Receive pre-approval for your project. This reserves funding for the proposed project and is required for rebates over $2,500.
5. Install the lighting upgrade and dispose of waste properly, as required by law.
6. Send us a copy of your invoices including: quantity, size, type, model or part number, any costs for lighting waste disposal, purchase date and vendor of the equipment.
EWEB may request a pre or post inspection of the project to verify the project is in compliance with program requirements. Rebates are based on actual installation. Within four to six weeks from the date EWEB approves the installation, the rebate check will be sent directly to the customer at the mailing address listed on the rebate application.
Installed LED lighting equipment must meet at least one of the following three criteria:
Here is a complete list of EWEB lighting rebates.
A list of lighting contractors can be found on the Trade Ally Network NW website here. The list can be filtered to show lighting contractors by checking the box next to Lighting.
A series of online tutorials for the Lighting Calculator is available from BPA here.
Have an energy efficiency idea that doesn't fit into our existing programs and/or want to reduce your carbon footprint? We offer incentives for custom projects. Contact us to start the conversation.
Heating and cooling systems account for nearly half of a business' energy bills. We offer business rebates and loans that help keep your employees and customers comfortable year-round, while saving on your energy costs.
If you have a restaurant or other commercial kitchen, our food services rebate program can help you replace your existing equipment with energy-efficient products.