Thank you for your interest in helping our residential customers weatherize their homes or rental properties with insulation and/or high-performance windows.
The following program specifications, testing requirements and inspection checklists should give you everything you need to successfully help our customers weatherize their homes.
The following documentation is required for processing payment through our weatherization program:
- Weatherization project completion form
- Copy of a contractor's invoice to the customer, describing work completed, order/purchase date and installed cost.
- Verification of performance (example). For windows, it must include either the NFRC window sticker or the manufacturer's order confirmation. For doors, it must include a copy of the ENERGY STAR® product list showing the product, or product information insert or packaging with the ENERGY STAR logo. If a window does not have an NFRC rating (for example, insulated glass units or IGUs), the cost of the unverified window may be included in a loan (upon approved credit) if it is a part of an installation of eligible windows.
- Contractor Invoice Summary, Exhibit F (Note: This is only required if a contractor's invoice is missing critical information, including pre-condition R-value and final R-value (for insulation jobs), original window types (for window jobs) and square footage of insulation and/or windows.)
- Knob and Tube Wiring Inspection Report (Note: This is only required for insulation jobs where knob and tube wiring is present.)
- Attic and wall insulation jobs require in-progress verifications on the day of the install.
- We three working days' notice for an in-progress verification. Please provide additional notice, if possible.
- If one of our Residential Customer Solutions specialists is unavailable for the inspection, another inspector can fill in if you provide us qwith advance notice.
- We allow skylight upgrades as part of the weatherization program, as long as the skylights meet the same program requirements as other windows.
Curious what customers have to say about their experience with our weatherization contractors? Check out their window contractor reviews and insulation contractor reviews!