All customers must apply prior to the start of a project to ensure the project meets the
minimum criteria required by EWEB. Installing a solar electric system does not automatically
guarantee interconnection to the EWEB grid.
If the photovoltaic system is installed on your side of EWEB's electric meter, the electricity will be
used in your home or business first.
If your electric usage is greater than the PV system can produce, the rest
is supplied by EWEB.
When your usage is less than your PV system generates, the excess electricity
flows through your electric meter into the EWEB electrical grid. EWEB will credit your account for any
generation in excess of what you use on-site over the course of the month. The amount of the
credit is adjusted annually upon approval by the EWEB Board of Commissioners.
You retain the renewable energy credits.
Incentives are available on a first come, first served basis. The 2014 incentive budget is $200,000.
EWEB staff will periodically review remaining funds. Incentive levels are subject to
change and may end at any time. Applications for 2014 are now available (see shaded box).
Update (November,17 2014): We have allocated 50 percent of the
2014 incentive budget.
|Residential net metered
||$0.60/AC output watt
|Commercial net metered
||$0.50/AC output watt
Note: This table will be updated as changes occur.
The solar electric incentives are funded directly through voluntary enrollment in EWEB's Greenpower
up for Greenpower today to support renewable energy in your community.
The most important requirement is to contact EWEB early in the process before
starting construction of your system. Additional steps before installation include:
- Review the application process instructions below.
- Obtain a building permit for the system, which must be installed
within EWEB's service territory.
- Submit the appropriate program application and receive approval.
- Complete an EWEB Interconnection Agreement
and Net Metering Agreement.
Upon completion of the project, all systems must be inspected first by City or
County building officials and then by EWEB.
- Please apply before you begin installation, as failure to do so could prohibit interconnection.
- Your project must be completed within 90 days of application.
- Submit completed applications by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: EWEB Energy Management Services, Attn: Solar Electric Program, PO Box 10148,
Eugene, OR 97440-2148
- Due to demand, incomplete applications will be returned to the applicant unprocessed.
- Customers that do not meet the 85 percent total solar resource fraction are still eligible
for net metering and interconnection, but are not eligible for any available incentive funds.
Email us for more information
and questions, or call (541) 685-7000.