Heat pump (hybrid) water heaters
Heat pump water heaters are revolutionizing the way we heat water. Utilizing super-efficient
technology, they use electricity to move heat from one place to another instead of
generating heat directly. Therefore, they can be two to three times more energy efficient than conventional
electric resistance water heaters.
- Save energy
Heat pump water heaters save energy by moving heat from one place to another instead of generating
- Save money
You can save 25 to 50% per year on your electric water heating costs for the life of the unit and
reduce your household electricity bill by up to 10%.
- Have control
Many heat pump water heaters have a control panel, which allows you to set the temperature and operation mode.
- $200 rebate for Tier 1 units
- $300 rebate for Tier 2 and Tier 3 units
(See eligibility requirements for efficiency specifications)
Take advantage of additional manufacturer rebates.
In addition to EWEB's rebate, your new heat pump water heater may also be eligible for:
- All EWEB customers may be eligible.
- Loans are not currently available for heat pump water heater program.
- The heat pump water heater must be listed on the Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance's qualified product list.
- Tier 1 units may be installed in an unheated location (e.g., garage, unheated basement, shed, etc.) or in a conditioned/interior location.
- Tier 2 and Tier 3 units may be installed in an unheated location (e.g., garage, unheated basement, shed, etc.) or in a conditioned/interior location. If the unit is installed
in a conditioned/interior location, exhaust ductwork must be installed. If the unit is installed in a conditioned/interior location without
exhaust ductwork, the rebate will change to a Tier 1 rebate.
- The heat pump water heater must be installed according to the manufacturer specifications.
- A Heat Pump Water Heater Installation Form must be filled out completely and submitted to EWEB.
- A copy of the purchase receipt and/or installer's invoice must be submitted to EWEB.
- If available, a completed copy of the manufacturer's installation checklist must be submitted to EWEB.
- AirGenerate and Electrolux heat pump water heaters will no longer qualify for a rebate after April 1, 2015.
To help you find a qualified contractor, review Smart Water Heat's list of contractors who have attended Smart Water Heat orientation. Specific manufacturer training should be verified with the individual contractor.
Email EWEB's energy
experts or call (541) 685-7000 for more information and to get started.